Monday, March 1, 2021

Movie: Pad Man

One evening, while we were vidcalling, Kapana suggested us to watch a movie and I looked up for it and didn't there's a movie on that.  I've heard about a guy who created pads for his wife and the villagers think he's gone mad and that his wife eventually left him.  That's all.  

Upon learning Akshay Kumar is the lead character, I needed to watch this.  Watching the trailer was exciting enough.

So we watched, and we learned that there's more to it (of course).

This movie is based on the true story but it's not an actual biography; just like I said, it's based on.  They don't use the actual name and I believe it's georaphically different too. 

This is a total eye opening, how a large number of woman in India alone (at that time) don't use sanitary pads.  How can we knw if we never witnessed such movies rite.  

They celebrate the coming of age of a girl's first menstruation but the men, they never talked to and talk about this with their females; be it wives, sisters etc.  It works both ways..the males aren't bothered to deal and educate themselves (and also ignorantly disgustingly disturbed by the topic) and to those women who never talked about this to their males; husbands, sons, and brothers.  A very frustrated moments for me.  Fortunately we live in a community where it's not a total taboo to talk about this.  I can casually say to a new, male colleague that I'm on my period (got asked whether I've performed solat or not so he can take over while I take a break).
Males however still are shy to buy pads from the store but we can understand, I don't mind that as long as they don't think that's a wrongful deed or smthing.  I'd like to think that they're probably think that the store would think it's them that be needing the pads.

hahah. brains r crazy 🤣



Padman
Synopsis:Upon realizing the extent to which women are affected by their menses, a man sets out to create a sanitary pad machine and to provide inexpensive sanitary pads to the women of rural India.
Genre: Biography, Comedy, Drama
Director(s): R. Balki
Actors: Akshay Kumar, Radhika Apte, Sonam Kapoor, Saurabh Agarwal
  IMDB: 8.3

Me and sister openly shipping these two.  The lady is a fictional character but it plays a big role.  She's his first customer.  The look on his face when he received "it works as it should.." feedback from her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...