Friday, January 22, 2016

TeachingStuff: Reflection: Tutor class (Thu Class;2nd week)

Last night, I again had to cover the 3rd grade class, (next week I’ll be teaching Form 3 students hmm).  There were 2 girls, cute, small girls but with big voice.  I handed out the module prepared by the center and they were a bit shocked cuz it’s too much haha but I reminded them it was for the entire year, I guess.

This class was the 2nd class of the nite, the 1st one was the 4th & 5th graders..on English subject as well as this. 

We started with the 1st pg, speaking task, so I recorded them but they insisted I keep it private. hahha. They are fast learners, they remmber things fast and I only guide them…they r 9 rite.

Then after a few tasks, one girl asked if we can do something else like the last week lesson (I did on the to/too/two question and remmbered the polka dot stuff I told glad she learned somthing from me haha) but then I told her we have to do what the book tells you too. then we continued to the Proper& Common nouns stuffs. They were freezing and had to move a lot but I let them be cuz theyre kids and theyre still under control and just only the two of them.  I love it when the girl waved & greeted me when I passed the hallway.  She even asked if I wanted to drink first cuz last week I asked for a lil time off cuz I needed to buy a drink.  Teaching is a thirsty thing.

Throughout the task on nouns, we encountered the noun ‘mother’, while I was checking their works, I sang the song by John Lennon called Mother! hahha cuz whenver we encountered this word we would say it the same way John did in his song!

I can’t help myself, I told them about the song and who made it and what is it about, including the movie Nowhere Boy hahahha!  I can’t believe this! I even showed them the photos of John Lennon and Aaron Johnson and how gorgeous these men r (especially on Aaron) hahahha I showed John’s pic and one girl went “oo handsome”and the other “hensem ke?” ahahhaha, then I showed Aaron and yeah they said yup he is!  Im a proud teacher ahahhaha..

“Children, don’t do what I have done” <– I taught this verse and explained it.

One girl told me she wanted to watch it but I told her that you have to ask your dad because the movie is not for kids and yeah don’t tell them that I told this to u hahahhahahah.  what ive done.  I kinda wanted to cry telling this tale of late John Lennon and they agreed it is indeed a sad sad story.  I bet one girl sniveled.

Then this one girl’s older siblings came in and she told her brother and how she wanted to borrow his phone,, haha I cant believe he is 10 and he owns a hp.   The brother is out of control, thank god he’s bright kid, he laughed the entire time and all. quite hectic ha ha.

There’s so much more thing to write but I stop rite here 1st.

In all, these classes are better than the last time.  And I didnt knw I could tell stories to kids and that they actually listen. wow.

I have to start preparing exam questions.  And this probably my last time teaching  these wonderful 3rd graders, I have to teach the form 3! God, big kids. Tho Im specialized in teaching big kids…but they are different..hmm.

I originally wrote this on tumblr: 15th Jan 2016 -_- then I thought, why? when I have this blogspot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...