Monday, February 26, 2018

Verse Novel: Crush (pg. 1)




The room is at the back
Alfred! I call. Alfred, Alfred, Alfred!
He rushes in
Find me standing in front of the windows
A paper scrap lies in my grip
A pencil on the floor.
Alfred, Alfred!

What name would you call me?
He would shrug except he is keen
Of my question
A smile on my face
his eyebrows raised.

I can’t believe I forget to write you my name!    
He waits and waits
and slowly I lift the paper scrap
and Alfred says
Hurry!

Still holding the paper scrap
I see his eyes focusing
as he mouths the written words.

Ebra Way!
He says
Running his fingers in his hair
and becomes bashful

My lips curl
Hey, I’ll see you later
and he disappears while
I go down to eat cookies.

and I’ll make him reappear
whenever I want
because no one can see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...