Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Alternative Lifestyle : Ichi!

Alternative fashion is an umbrella term encompassing a plethora of styles that have one major thing in common - they, at least at one time, stood apart from mainstream commercial fashion. The term has long been associated with the fashions of specific subcultures; emo, scene, Goth subculture, Hip hop, industrial, Cyberpunk, etc.  However it is not limited to this application. In general alternative, or 'alt,' fashion does not conform to style trends of the times that have widespread popularity. It may exhibit itself as a fringe style - extremely attention grabbing and more artistic than practical - but it can also develop from anti-fashion sentiments that focus on simplistic utilitarian drives.  source

image
A style that really makes me head over heels are the Japanese street style or when I first encountered the term Harajuku.  Their casual wear are too amazed me.  Are they born fashionista?  All of them!  This entry is not easy for me!  I dont how or where to start because this is so Sugoiiii!  Really!  There are so much to say so I think I'll separate them bit by bit into different posts and what comes into mind first.  The title Ichi means one or first(?) as in the first entry on alternative lifestyle.  Guhh Japanese are so very fine!  They know how to make a mess but still looking as kawaii ever! 
Harajuku is a name of a place somewhere in Japan which is so famous especially to those adore Japan very much like me.  Manga & anime otaku are too!  I fell in love with Japan because of its fashion sense and it never fail to impress me.  So in other word, it wasnt the manga.  I read manga but am not a hardcore fan.  :S  I tried to be one, a real otaku but I just cant, so Im better off like this.  The first time I come to love this was back when I was in early secondary school (high school).  Harajuku style is originated among teens on the streets.
So, I fancy Decora girl the most when I first encountered this Japan stuff.  In my own term which may not precise, Decora girls are girls that wear cute, adorable, kawaii stuffs all over their bodies.  Ya! All over! From head to toe.  Their look reminds us of a little girl.  But theyre more cuter than little girls sorry.  Decora girls wear layers and layers!  Skirts, tutu, sweaters, Mostly pink, lots of acc on hair and bodies.  Asian look are the best with this style.  Yaa because they came up with this first.  Ugh Im kinda disappointed with my own explanation.  :(
For me, this style is so adorable!  A total love for it!  It is never too much.  Well wear it in a simpler way is kawaii enough.  But most of people around me, my family, friends hate this style :( .  Ya, some said this is nut.  Ah it hurts~ hahah. 


So this is what we will get if we google it!  So these photos are not mine!

[image]
Decora girls!
[image]
Decora with skirts & layered socksimage
[image]
Decora girl with pants
image Decora can be divided into its sub too.  It gets more complicated!  Decora can be mixed with Lolita so you'll get Decololita!  Sweet-lolita-fairy-like style dress with acc princess-like hahah you get it don't you!
decololitaimage
Dark decora is cute too image

ps:If given a chance to wear like this ya I'd grab that. 
check this out!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...