Thursday, August 17, 2017

Album: Cry Baby




It all started out with me listening to Halsey's Colors, I've listened to this long time ago but then I decided to just go back and listen to it again after so many years (is it really that long?)
Then I saw comments BUT honestly I can't remember how I found Melanie.  But the comment section This is so bad and I feel like a bad fan I can't even say I am one.  But it happened earlier this year and I found her and I learned about her style of music and how she made them, she plays guitar, she writes poem and that basically leads her to writing songs and lyric and that I think is an awesome thing ever and she's cute and her sense of fashion is cute yet creepy but I love it anyway.  It even made me wanted to try that kind of hairstyles and colors, I wanted to dye my hair with two different colors and wear a nose ring.  OMG I really do want to wear my make up like her (just that I don't really wear make up)


Tracklist

Tracklist

1. Cry Baby
2. Dollhouse
3. Sippy Cup
4. Carousel
5. Alphabet Boy
6. Soap
7. Training Wheels
8. Pity Party
9. Tag, You're It
10. Milk and Cookies
11. Pacify Her
12. Mrs. Potato Head
13. Mad Hatter

Deluxe Edition Tracklist
14. Play Date
15. Teddy Bear
16. Cake


I super glad that I found her and her very first debut album called Cry Baby.  It even comes with a booklet telling stories about a character named Cry Baby and it is written in poems and the stories are told in songs and the poems are written based on the track list and there's illustration in which Melanie would love to have that kind of drawings drawn to her body.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of vintage dolls, western dolls, not sure how the dolls look like in my place many many years ago but the way she involved the dolls in her art piece is just weirdly pleasant looking and I don't mind at the sight of the dolls.  They're creepy.

Out of the tracks, I first listened to Pity Party or was it Pacify Her?  I watched the MV first before listening to the whole album.  I like Pity Party especially the part where she loses her mind and says

"I'm laughing, I'm crying, I feel like I'm dying"

This part pretty much explains my emotion back then, and I guess that is why I love this song.  Again it was about my workplace issue and my own inner conflict.
The MV explains the song well, and so is her other MVs.  I like MVs that really have the relation to the title of the songs or the whole story of the songs.  It just gives me the impression of the music being high quality and effective.
Her messages are coming for me.  She really reaches out and we understand her and her stories.  I watched her lives, interviews and The Voice she was in and I fell in love with her version of La Roux Bulletproof.  I DO LOVE IT A LOT.  It is just so manja and sexy.  Never would I have thought that that song could be so sexy.

I love the whole album despite I have my favorite.  I can say that her first album is perfect.  She has a lot work to do for the second just to top her own record of the first album.  It is well organized.  Her ideas and concept can be seen through the whole album.  She introduces a character, Cry Baby which I believe it is her own self and other minor characters like the boyfriends, her family members or at least her other self's family.  The stories go on from one song to another and also a few side stories like the Mrs. Potato.  She conveys her ideas and opinions through tracks like that but it does not go too far from her main concept.

I like the lyrics of course and how they are poetic and just easy to sing along and I have fun figuring out her songs both by the comments and my own interpretation.  She is indeed an artist.  She makes art and I am so glad I found her and I wish she makes more and more good art in the future.  I hope I can own her physical album and if she ever writes books I want them all and woa PLEASE WRITE SOME!  This may sound silly but because of her I once had the urge to make songs too.  But I don't even play musical instrument so I'm gonna just leave that side of me here.  It's funny right how we can be influenced, how I can be influenced like this.  
I like the stories behind every tracks of hers.  For instance, Training Wheels is about the girl having the intention of stepping to another level of relationship and the MV portrays that in a child's play situation: she wants the boy to take off the training wheels of the bike.
It's genius. 

Soap is about how you wish you didn't say some words (You know words that make you seemed stupid and feel stupid and make you feel regretted) and you wish you can wash your mouth for saying it.

"Why do I always spill"

And yes, I don't need to talk about her vocal, I like it and I like it a lot, husky and raspy and she can sing.  Her stage attitude is the one I like too, like how Gerard Way and Katy Perry would on stage.  I really am bad at describing huh hahhah

here is a few bits on her vocal not arranged by me obviously


She has cute dance style too hahhah!
But ya you should check out her Pacify Her video
They call it noodle dance ahhaha LOVE IT
of course I love everything about her right??

She did a lot of covers too
CHECK THEM OUT



Look at that tooth gap, super cute



My favorite songs are Play Date, Pacify Her, Alphabet Boy (I love how she plays with words here)

She has a lot of MVs from this album and I love it when singers made a lot of MVs out of their tracks because I want to see more of them in action together with the songs.

Pacify Her

Cry Baby

Dollhouse

Mrs. Potato Head


Alphabet Boy

Carousel


Sippy Cup


A LOT RIGHT?

The best part of making of these videos is that she directs them herself.

She even has perfume commercial.  Cute one!




OMG THIS IS BASICALLY ABOUT MELANIE AND NOT HER ALBUM
HAHHA

P/s: She inspires me up to the moon, I wish I can do something like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...